A fistful of short incidents and interactions, I had in the last couple of weeks. I hope you like them.
It is quite common to see young and mid aged chess players play chess at the Gariahat crossing, just below the bridge. I came across them, shot their photograph. Their dedication towards the game, inspire me.
PS: I do not know how they concentrate with all the commotion around.
Paralympic walk in Kolkata: I was invited by Malavika Kanoria, a CWF volunteer to photograph the event. I never thought that this event will inspire me so much. This walk was organised to raise public awareness about the paralympic sports and India’s contribution to it. In spite of different accolades nationally and internationally, the paralympic sports person in Bengal, does not get any recognition. The ask for sponsorship and more training is a distant dream.
Pasting two more photographs from the Paralympic walk in Kolkata.
Kumartuli is a place of amazing people. While many other photographers were busy shooting the clay idols and their making, I was lazying around.
The lady is Maya Rani Pal. One of the smallest idol making workshops in Kumartuli, the branding is done by the name of Mala Rani Pal, her daughter. She is more 70 years of age, mother of 8. All 8 are well established. She makes idols out of passion and to feel independent. The small idols are exported to Bengali communities in London and Germany. She inspires me.
আরও কিছু ছবি।
I’ll end this blogpost with a few photographs I have managed to shoot in Kumartuli this year. PS: I have a new gear: the speedlight. 😀
Please do leave an honest comment. Thank you.
If you want to use any photograph, please do give me a call at +91 9903055542 and ask for permission. Thank you again.
- In Germany during COVID times… - April 13, 2020
- Is Germany going to be the next Italy? - March 23, 2020
- Covid19 infected cases in Germany / Saxony-Anhalt / Magdeburg: Graphs and personal shitposting. - March 21, 2020
- Student Jobs: Tutoring! - February 25, 2020
- Elbe Sandstone Mountains: Lilienstein & the stone bridge of Bastei. - January 6, 2020
- Magdeburg: Life beyond studies (2). - December 27, 2019
- Plagiarism - November 19, 2019
- Heritage Trams in Magdeburg! - November 10, 2019
- A Bengali child’s introduction to Germany! - November 9, 2019
- Exmatriculation, AOK, a ducked up life & etc! - November 7, 2019