Well, in the photograph we have Anupaul Debnath, shot at the seminar room of NSHM knowledge campus, Kolkata. I didnot personally like the photograph, but once uploaded, it got more than 50 likes without any link sharing.
I believed, it was some wait which ended… such was the expression, but couldnot write about it.. so I thought of getting others view as well… What I recieved was a surprise, I wanna share with you all..
Disclaimer: I asked the question separately to each of them, so the answers being influenced by someone else is not there.
My question to them was
Achha tell me honestly, what are the first feelings when you see this photograph>
Deeptish, student of class 12 from Kolkata, said, “Checking out a chick :P”, well I dont need to explain what that means 😉 Argha (1st yr, CS hons, Kolkata) was ecstatic,” keu ekta gf k dress chnge kortey dekchey lol ” ..well for those who got it, GOOD! else, I am sure you dont want me to translate.. and here are few of the other responses :
Anjishnu (1st yr student, Kolkata) : “the person happy, contented and feeling very satisfied seeing something… maybe after waiting for quite a while he sees his girlfriend coming.”
Arpith Vedhanayagam (2nd yr student, Chennai): “Future unknown, something like this.”
SKSumit (3rd year,Durgapur, Pashchimbanga): “Retrospection?”
Pratik Shivagunde (medical student, Solapur, Maharashtra): “Peeking from window…to see a hot gal on road.”
Robin sinha (English hons student, Delhi): “dreaming…..lonely….sneaking through”.
Tanmay Biswas (Engg Student,Kolkata): “Jake capture kora hoyeche tar perspective-e bolchi…’woo, mamoni ta to darun’ “. [Please dont ask me to translate this 😛 ]
Roshan Singh(MCA student,Delhi): “Cute”.
Mayukh Chatterjee (programmer, Mahindra Satyam): “your alone and happy the way you are, the way things are around you,and your looking outtof the window and just thinking happy thoughts, kinda nostalgic but in the good sorta way and thinking about hypothetical stuff”.
Zishan Asad (post graduate student, USA): “seem to be happy frm within a glow in the eyes and sense of satisfaction.”
Alok Dutta (member, KWS) : “Valo, :P” [“GOOD, 😛 “] Avinandan Ani (aspiring photographer, Kolkata) : “Kichu photo technically judge korte ichha kore na, eta serom ekta chobi. Pensive ekebarei lagche na,rather serene lagche.” [Few photos cannot be judged technically, this is one such. He is not pensive, he seems serene.] Avishek Biswas (aspiring photographer, Kolkata): “kono feeling asche naa”. [I am having no feelings] Somajita Ray (mother of an extremely cute kid, USA) : “Found light :D”
Deeptish went on to add ”
His vision is trying to comprehend nature’s comprehension or mayb he’s just lost inside his mind..hovering around some old happy memory which brings a faint smile on his face.
Three paths originate from this theory:-
1. His memory is a memory from a distant past which he barely remembers..its all blurred and smokey
2. He does not want to remember the whole thing..as the complete journey might now have been happy..
might be a bitter note somewhere that he does not want to remember
3. the pic was taken before he could smile properly..exposing his full set oh calcium assests
another significant possibility would be a wait
maybe he’s waiting for something..good times..mayb his girl friend..some old friend…maybe for lunch.”
Photograph: Anirban Saha Photography.
Show support, Hit the “like” button.
Now the question is thrown to the floor… comment honestly 😉
- In Germany during COVID times… - April 13, 2020
- Is Germany going to be the next Italy? - March 23, 2020
- Covid19 infected cases in Germany / Saxony-Anhalt / Magdeburg: Graphs and personal shitposting. - March 21, 2020
- Student Jobs: Tutoring! - February 25, 2020
- Elbe Sandstone Mountains: Lilienstein & the stone bridge of Bastei. - January 6, 2020
- Magdeburg: Life beyond studies (2). - December 27, 2019
- Plagiarism - November 19, 2019
- Heritage Trams in Magdeburg! - November 10, 2019
- A Bengali child’s introduction to Germany! - November 9, 2019
- Exmatriculation, AOK, a ducked up life & etc! - November 7, 2019