So, another new Facebook page for Bloggers?
That is definitely not the intent. The wish is to do something substantial and spread awareness. It might get reduced to just another page if the bloggers from Kolkata refuse to be a part of it. This page has a slightly better purpose.
Kolkata blogging so far has not been a lovely story. While cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore have marched ahead in alternative ways of brand promotion – Blogger engagement programmes, Kolkata has hardly any visibility. And no, I am not the first one to say this. We had people saying this. We had people organising small meetups and workshops for the same. Kolkata Bloggers Meet in 2009 and 2011 was organised by Webreps, to bring Kolkata on the map. A Bloggers workshop – BCET Bloggers workshop was organised in Bengal College of Engineering and Technology in 2009. Even then, not enough heat was produced.
Does Kolkata lack good writers ? Definitely no. Kolkata / Bengalis even today produces the finest of writers.
Are they not tech savvy? The statistics does not show it.
Do they not wish to express themselves? Oh wait ! Go to the nearest paarar chaa-er dokan, they’ll tell you how less interest Kolkatans have in expressing themselves.
Then why not?
While interacting with many people in the last one week, I found young people fanning various misconceptions regarding blogging, and perhaps one big question they have in mind – How do we do it? A certain section asks – Why do we do it? I ask Why not?
I won’t ask you to blog to earn money. I wont say – be popular being a blogger. I would say – Just for the sake of expressing, Blog ! Keeping the fame and the money aside, Blogging injects into you a certain sense of accountability, sincerity and more than any thing else – humility, it helps you grow as a person, developing your presentation skills and understanding how your viewer reacts to you and your opinions. Blog to reflect yourself as a person, blog to create a brand of yourself, blog to create an on line version of yourself. Broaden the horizon, reach to a bigger audience. Blog !
What is the aim of this page?
– The primary aim of this page is to connect to the bloggers from Kolkata and stay connected.
– If the response is good, we proceed further.
– We aim to use this page as a tool to enhance the individual blogger’s audience base.
–> How? If you connect to us, we automate your blog posts to our page. Each time you post a blog, it appears on our page’s timeline and reaches to our audience. Considering your audience to be different from ours, you reach to a bigger audience.
– A single database of Kolkata bloggers is required. Regular tips sharing, showcasing of blogs, offline Bloggers meet or simple events like Blogging workshops will only help bloggers learn and better themselves.
– We require to blog about Bengal. We require to blog about Kolkata. We require to blog about our society, our perspectives. We require to showcase Bengal with all its glory, all its might. This will only make the Brand Bengal. We, the people of this beautiful place.. we the people of this beautiful state ..We are the ones who can speak good, make good, build Brand Bengal and a better Bengal.
– We are not aiming to be as big as Indiblogger or Blogadda any time soon. Our aim is to meet in person, discuss, exchange ideas and work together. You blog about what you want to blog about and we share it by our page. To me, it does not sound a bad step to take.
How to sign up? Message your blog link and your contact details to our page. Simple. And one of our coordinators will connect to you.
~ A note to the student who is reading this ~
If you are a student reading this : A blog can groom your essay writing skills, your debating skills, your speaking skills and yes – your presentation! Trust me. If you want I am willing to go to your school or college to speak about blogging, what blogging might do to you and my experiences.
Graphics design: Roudra Mitra. We thank him from the bottom of our hearts.
Help Kolkata Bloggers spread.. wear the
Copy the code: