I’ve always thought of sharing my social media stories with my friends. But never did I share, for various reasons. Social media helped me with basic English language, speaking and presentation abilities, different speeches and workshops in Kolkata, Modelling in Sananda magazine, etc. Social media has gifted me feelings and memories to cherish … but what I am sharing right now, is an incredible feeling.
Artist: Arunita Barui.
Inspiration: Selfies by Anirban Saha.
It feels incredible to present to you, a charcoal sketch by Arunita Barui. She is an incredible artist and she is a signed artist of Soul Vibes Records. I have come across her through Sayon and Debatma who are integral part of SVR. She is a friend of friend and I haven’t met her yet.
When I was trying out selfies (self shot portraits), she dropped me a message and asked for one of the photographs. I did not know how to react, but it felt good and I had sent her the three photographs which I collaged into the profile picture.
More of Arunita Barui’s work:
This shows the city of Kolkata, with all its British era buildings, the ambassador Taxis’s.. the Tram and the hand pulled rickshaw.
And this is what she drew in protest of the rising rapes in the country:
- In Germany during COVID times… - April 13, 2020
- Is Germany going to be the next Italy? - March 23, 2020
- Covid19 infected cases in Germany / Saxony-Anhalt / Magdeburg: Graphs and personal shitposting. - March 21, 2020
- Student Jobs: Tutoring! - February 25, 2020
- Elbe Sandstone Mountains: Lilienstein & the stone bridge of Bastei. - January 6, 2020
- Magdeburg: Life beyond studies (2). - December 27, 2019
- Plagiarism - November 19, 2019
- Heritage Trams in Magdeburg! - November 10, 2019
- A Bengali child’s introduction to Germany! - November 9, 2019
- Exmatriculation, AOK, a ducked up life & etc! - November 7, 2019