GoingWild LLP and Kolkata Bloggers to organise a trek on 29 April – 3 May 2017. During this trek, Dibyendu Ash, from GoingWild, who specialises in birding would help the trekkers identify birds and photograph them. Anirban Saha, proprietor of Kolkata Bloggers, would help the trekkers with blogging basics and the nitty-gritty of blogging.
The Itinerary is as follows:
29th April 2017
Pick up from New Jalpaiguri Railway station at <time not decided> with breakfast and lunch on the way. Drive to Yuksom by 3 PM. Afternoon monastery visit to Dubdi.
Chyabrung Drum (cultural drum dance) play in the evening with high tea and snacks. Preparatory processes for next day trekking.
Overnight at home stay at Yuksom. (B,L,S,D)
30th April 2017
Post breakfast, in the morning we start by 9 AM from the check post of Khangchendzonga National Park. Birding on the trekking trail, reach to Sachen by noon 2-3 PM.
Lunch at the campsite at Sachen. Post lunch afternoon birding at Sachen. Overnight at camp site at Sachen. (B,L,D)
1st May 2017
Morning birding on the way back to Yuksom, with packed breakfast. Birding on the designated trail at Yuksom. By noon reach at home stay at for Lunch. Post lunch afternoon birding in Dubdi. Overnight at home stay at Yuksom. (B,L,D)
2nd May 2017
Full day birding in Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve at Labing-Yuksom Road. Overnight at Yuksom. (B,L,D).
3rd May 2017
Morning check-out from Yuksom, drive to New Jalpaiguri. Drop at Railway station by convenient time. (B,L)
Tour cost per participant would be Rs 16,500/-. This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- Basic accommodation in home stays and camp site on twin sharing basis.
- All meals as per the itinerary
- All surface transfer in SUVs as per the itinerary
- All forest entry fee, Inner Line Permit fee, guide charges etc.
- Service of a dedicated wildlife photographer and naturalist for the entire tour.
- All applicable taxes.
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant’s home town to Siliguri and back charges.
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary.
- Any alcoholic beverage.
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary.
- Laundry, phone call, etc. personal charges.
- Anything which is not mentioned in “Tour cost includes”.
Advance 50% payment to book your seat
100% balance payment at least 90 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
50% of total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of tour
No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel, received by us. Refund amount will be calculated excluding the date of commencement of the tour.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
1. Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
2. Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
3. Tour mentor’s decisions during the tour are final and binding.
4. GoingWild LLP can not be held responsible for injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant due to acts of God, terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, local laws, abnormal conditions or developments or any other conditions or omissions outside the control of GoingWild LLP.
5. All participants travelling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of the tour.
6. All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction only.